Monday, May 15, 2006

New Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Pepper Albums and Some Snap Reviews

The new Pearl Jam album rocks even if it is a bunch of liberal, hippy, anti-Bush crap. Ok we get it, they hate Bush and? This whole liberal movement and their blessed little polls have no real substance except somewhere deep in a select few's minds. The scariest thing about this country right now is that every wants to change the way it's run and change the way the world views the United States, indict Karl Rove and impeach Bush but no one wants to give the rest of the world a sane plan to push the alternative without packaging it with a bunch of social issues or some twisted agenda. (Ouch! I am on fire...)

I am only on the third song on Pearl Jam and those guitars are banging hard!!! I skipped to the 5th... damn it's a slow one. It's nice to hear them rock. I was listening to them running up north today. I remember back in 1992 when I was in between high school and college and I got that first Pearl Jam album "Ten". It was hard to imagine that sound that came out back then. The early part of my high school years were ravaged by hair bands like Poison, Warrant and Extreme. Oh yay! What I found amazing about my senior year in high school was the edge the music had. It started with Nirvana that year. Smells Like Teen Spirit broke and was played heavily by the end of football season and then of all things, U2 released their edgy album. The Chili Peppers released, "Blood Sugar Sex Magic" which sort ran off the grunge thing. You had anything grunge on the radio anywhere from the Screaming Tree's 'Nearly Lost You', the Lemonhead's version of " Mrs. Robinson" and even at that the time the Gin Blossoms, "Hey Jealousy" which had that poppy grunge feel good sound. We got a pretty good onslaught of over stuff that'd break later like the Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden and Alice Chains. And also stuff like the Pixies and Janes Addiction got another rush back then. The whole Lalapalooza thing. I wore black Doc Marten's everyday my freshman year in college with a flannel shirt when it was cold. REM ended up going backwards with "Automatic for the People" by the end of 1992 which to the the rest of us was quite edgy.

I am actually looking forward to listening to the new Red Hot Chili Pepper album tonight. That last one with Californication , Scar Tissue, and By The Way was unbelievable.

Of course, I stopped here for a few when I kicked it over to the new Chili Peppers. Holy Crap!! That's all I can say... I really dig the trumpet on Hump de Bump. Is it me, but has Anthony Kiedis's voice ever sounded better? Slow Cheetah is just awesome. I am reading the Rolling Stone review and wondering why it is only 4 stars. The Chili's have never sounded this good. Slow Cheetah is the most infectious song I have heard from them. More than Scar Tissue...

Damn... I am just gonna sit back and listen...

When it is all said and done I am gonna have 4 days and 15 hours of music on my iPod.

No comments: