Friday, May 25, 2007

The Magical World of Carbamazepine



Ah... the 80's with their great synth songs.

Yeah... so I went to the doctor yesterday to discuss my options and I came home with a couple of bottles of carbamazepine.

Basically it makes your pain go away. How, I don't know... But let me tell you, man... I have to work up to 6 pills a day to kill the pain. And after one... I am flyin'!!! Well... not really. But remember when you went to the dentist as a kid and they shoved nitrous on your nose and claimed that you were an astronaut on journey before they drilled on your molars? Way too calm down a 5 year old so they did not have the most traumatic experience of their lives.

The stuff seems to work but let me tell you, I have been at the edge of my chair all day. I went golfing last night and shot about a 52 on 9 holes which actually is good for a guy who has a numb leg and arm after he swings a club. I didn't hit one ball straight off the tee until the eighth when I gave up on the driver and it a 3 iron. I smoked it too. On the ninth hole, I did pull driver but I used my old grip which actually hurt me off that tee I mentioned on the previous post. I had a par on the 5th hole, bogeyed the first and third. So all in all, it was good to get out. Pain wasn't too bad when I got up this morning. Then I took the new medication and I feel okay today.

The cool side effect... It helps with bi-polar disorder so I shouldn't be pissed off all the time and then suddenly happy for no reason at all.

Update: After watching the video and writing the first two comments below, I decided to search "Major Tom" in Wikipedia. See link here. Amazing how one mythical character transcended time from Space Oddity all the way down to a neopunk band, like At The Drive In (I have one of their CD's) from the late 1990's/early 2000's.

No comments: