Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Nothing To Write About... And A Sort Of Homecoming...



Do not... I repeat, do not bank or do anything involving money with Chase. Ruined my day. They lost a customer today and I hope to take a few more with me when it is said and done. Revenge is a bitch. (FYI, the online tool they have does not work and it should not be trusted. Don't try it! I did...)

But tomorrow is a new day... with my beautiful wife and child. Everything will be as it should... again. No one was hurt.

Any of you catch Heroes last night? That show is the shit... If you missed it visit NBC.com.

Yesterday I drove to Redding and back. 350 miles (no airport) Redding is a cool place. It is so un-California yet is in an area that is known for it's "California Beauty". The Cascades start right there from Mount Lassen in the East and Mount Shasta, second tallest in the lower 48, to the north. And then all the forests and farmland. People are just different up there. There is still a whole lot of trust in people. You could leave your bike unlocked at the coffee shop. There is no gang violence and no graffiti. And if you worked for the government or were a teacher you can afford a nice place to live and have a nice car. The city of 100,000 is not ruined by it's recent growth which I think comes from it's placement 200 miles from anywhere. I saw some old customers, people that sort of renewed my ambitions to my current job and how far I have come from where I was. Most of you don't know but I sell chemicals... car wash stuff. I not only get desired results with clean cars but I really analyze businesses and show how people can make more money either by saving labor or increasing revenues. I haven't revolutionized the business in any way but I have been an influence. One of my old customers wanted to treat me to lunch but I wouldn't let him. It was weird how I fell into my old self helping one business at time when I would make trips up there 4-5 years back. I am glad our new guy can come to enjoy these people and what I was able to accomplish back then.

Boy though... My back cannot take a five hour of driving like I used to. My toes on my left foot are killing me. Both arms have gone numb off and on today, If I sit in a chair and put on my shoes, my lower back feels as if someone is trying to pry my soul from my body. I wish I could drive the Porsche for work everyday. It's been chilly the past few mornings and the fronts seats have warmers. They make your ass feel so good when you crank them to 5. You just melt into the seat while you sweat so you open the sun roof and drive fast. Well I drive fast... getting on the freeway is so much fun. And it is so comfortable...

Elijah is amazing... in 5 weeks he has gone from crawling and just sitting around to a rampaging, maniacal toddler with no fear... Totally different person. I made Penne Pasta with meat sauce this evening. I love pasta night and I fear messy babies. So the kitchen gets an extra clean while the wife gets the baby washes and out of the orange clothes. I could never work at a restaurant. I don't like other people's food, even if it's my family's. I cannot eat left overs. I do okay with the dishes.

No comments: