Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Steve Goes Ballastic Again!

This will be quick because I am tired and have been working and driving all day.

I had a presentation to give. I needed it printed because I had to give it like in an hour. I ended up driving by my house because I knew Kinkos was there.

So I go in and hit their computer and print my long presentation, twice. I use Kinkos a lot because I can print a nice presentation and then I can have it bound all neat and stuff.

So I flag down one of the kids working there to get him to bind my copies quickly. He drops what he is doing and goes to work. No one is in the store but me and this other lady who is working with the other Kinkos dude on duty. So I sit and watch, looking at the time because I am running late and I heard there was a nasty wreck on 50. This kid had bound presentations for me before and he remembered me. I basically sat at the counter and waited.

A few minutes go by and I noticed a lady behind me in line. She says, "Excuse me!" "Are you the only two people working? " Both kids say yes, one minute... and she grumbles under her breathe, "I just need to pick something up."

Just then I noticed there is this huge print job in front of me and it looked like it was mine. So I turn nervously, with a smile to the lady, "I'm sorry, this isn't my project her, he is just about done with mine, I am sure he'll be ringing me up in 30 seconds or so, so you can get your stuff." I am a people person. I am generally nice and kind and can really really work a crowd.

Not today...

The lady snarls, "I WASN'T FUCKING TALKING TO YOU!!!"

And without missing a beat, I go..."I was just trying to help you out, go get a fucking life you bitch!!"

I turn back... and the dude was ringing me up with a big ole smirk on his face.

I wasn't done... I turned back because I was pissed and said, "Go get life you bitch!! Leave these nice kids alone".

Her come back... "I have a life and it is better than yours."

"Oh really..."I say,"Going to Kinkos and cussing out people in line in front of you... You are such a sweetheart, but it looks by your age, your life hasn't worked out for you..."

And I got my stuff.... and left.

This lady was a vile human being. She sucked. I hope I never see someone like her again...

People are people I guess.

No comments: