Thursday, February 05, 2009

Annoying

Get this...  This never happens~

I paid a bill online to an "unnamed" phone company and you would think in the age of electronics and computers that is would go through and be, well automatically transacted.

Afraid not...

The unnamed phone company LOST the transaction and it did not bounce back to my checking account.

So yeah... I paid a bill electronically and it got lost.  And then of course, they threatened to shut off the phone, etc. and so I got the phone company to stop.  

But the bank... calls me incessantly and takes down the same EXACT information.  Account number and amount.  And they continue to call.

So when they called today, I let them have it.  

The lady answered the phone...  the poor lady didn't know it was coming:

"WTF do I have to do to help (the bank) understand my account number and payment information that I have given to (the bank) at least 4-5 times in the past week?"

"Sir...  I have the claim number what is your name?"

"Isn't the claim number sufficient?  I just gave you that, all my information should appear right there.  Tell me what you see and I will verify that it is correct."

"Sir... I cannot do that, you have to tell me what the information I am asking for?"

"WTF?  I gave Well--(er the bank) this information 4 to 5 times and I am telling you what the claim number, account and the amount, I am asking you to verify that the information I have provided the last 4-5 phone calls is there."

"Sir... I cannot...--"

"Don't sir, me... I gave you a claim number and a description.  It's a 8 digit claim number, I can't make shit up with an 8 digit claim that correlates to a "phone company" bill "the bank" keeps calling me about. Do I have to show up in person to tell you WTF is going on?"

"Sir...  There it is right there... I see...you made a claim that the "phone company" lost your payment. Well we need your account number for the "phone company"."

"You mean the same one in my online payment history.  The same one I gave the last 4-5 calls made to me by "the bank"?

I hate dealing with people this week

No comments: