Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year's Resolution?

Is it too late...?

My New Year's Resolution is to create something from thin air with all my skills. I am going to build an electric guitar.

Right now I am scanning sites for the right wood and things. I hope to start on this project mid February with a summer completion and then a fall, "play it live" performance of said guitar.

This all stems from a dream I have had. I have a complete vision of this thing down to the color of the wires in the pickups. I hope to post this project as time goes on. Still costing things out. My budget is $500 and if I price the materials out now, I am at roughly $690. So I need to do more scanning of of Ebay and Craigslist for parts.

Wish me luck...

My reasoning behind this resolution is that I have not created anything in years. I am generally a creative person and well, I have not been able to connect to that side in a long time. I want to get back to that.

Back to where I once belonged...

No comments: