Thursday, April 07, 2005

Observations Part 11: A week of writer's block, so here is what spews out..

I thought I could say so much this week with Mrs. Schiavo passing and then the Pope's passing. The Schiavo thing is pretty much dead (bad pun). An episode last week of South Park and Kenny dying and going to heaven to do the star master thing with the golden controller for his Sony PSP to fight hell sort of put this issue to rest for me. Kyle is right at the end of the episode. He says the people who wanted Kenny to die with his feeding tube out were right for the wrong reasons. And those who thought he should stay alive were wrong for the right reasons. And Kenny's will saying that he did not want to be displayed on TV in a vegetative state for public debate. I am saddened at the family breakdown in the Schiavo case but I can leave it peacefully witht the lessons I learned. If you saw the episode of South Park, I think the debate was over for you as well. Good job Matt and Trey, keep us guessing with your rank, little, vile, if not morally reprehensable cartoons that we can't stop watching.

This Pope thing and the issue with the country, or as the Liberals put it, Bush's Wingnuts putting the flag at half staff. I was gung ho and ready to write about that and talk about how heartless the liberals like this guy I wrote about are probably taking it, with their argument about the "separation of church and state being in the first amendment of the Constitution" and all. Most intelligent people, including liberals (not quite an oxymoron but close) know that the phrase separation of church and state does not exist in our Constitution. Even though I am a non-religious person, I love blasting people for using that argument as a basis to strike down the Bush Administration. In fact, I search this kind of stuff out on Google because it is comedic entertainment for me. We Republicans I think, can sympathize with Democrats and their issues but when they pull this "separation thing" out to argue, I freaking laugh all day long because some of them are usually so well-read on the Constitution when they argue so eliquently for the rights of free speech or the death penalty. Good job, liberals, keep calling us wingnuts and war-mongers. We'll keep writing blogs like this. (See my blogroll on the side for further education)

Speaking of education, this guy's blog is GREAT!!! Michael the Archangel. I highly recommend it. He gets some great discussions going. I love the debates between both sides of an issue. It's clean and fun so if you go there, keep it that way. (since I am inviting it) I think he appreciates the debates as well. If you are stopping here via some blog traffic thing, go visit. Leave a comment here as well. I look at all blogs that come through my StatCounter. Though lately, it's all Google hits coming in which are up to 75 a day now. Less for some reason on weekends. If your blog is similar to this or related music I could be persuaded to exchange links.

Hey and I also got the guitar featured below in my last post. I had an amusing post in draft about UPS but they're good people, really. The guitar plays well!! It has some interesing overtones on various chords if you sustain them. It was a bitch to tune however. I normally can tune a guitar by ear but I got lost. 12 strings... ugh! Maybe, I am too tired lately or something to be that patient. Thankfully there is a built in tuner onboard with the electric pickups. It also has its own gain control along with its volume and eq controls. This is going to be fun to play with my friends and our newly formed cover band. I also tried to play every REM song I know that a 12 string was used on. South Central Rain... great song.

Last but not least, I am going to see U2 in San Jose on Saturday. We have a tiny camera phone so I will post as many pictures as possible on my photo blog seen here. I also will write a review of the show on Sunday so check back or book mark this site if you are a U2 fan. We've got great seats. In fact, I had the same seats but one section over 3 years ago. I hear they are doing a lot of old stuff. "I will sing, sing a new song"

No comments: