Saturday, May 07, 2005

Hiding from the Truth

I noticed on quite a few weblogs like, http://polipundit.com/ there is a tag that goes to Kerry's appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press" where Kerry stated, "Yes I will" when Tim Russert asked if he'd sign SF-180 releasing his military records to the public so we can all see what a Great American War Hero he was. As of the time of this post it has been 97 days and he has not signed it.

So....

I decided I'd email him. What the heck right? It's a free country right? I just wanted to know where he is at with this and if he signed it. A harmless question asked by an inquiring, curious American Citizen. I mean, what's wrong with that right?

Here is what I wrote:

John:

Hey, I was wondering... I noticed quite a few weblogs have this tag that links to a transcript from NBC's "Meet The Press". On that transcript, it states the following:

MR. RUSSERT: Many people who’ve been criticizing you have said: Senator, if you would just do one thing and that is sign Form 180, which would allow historians and journalists complete access to all your military records. Thus far, you have gotten the records, released them through your campaign. They say you should not be the filter. Sign Form 180 and let the historians…

SEN. KERRY: I’d be happy to put the records out. We put all the records out that I had been sent by the military. Then at the last moment, they sent some more stuff, which had some things that weren’t even relevant to the record. So when we get–I’m going to sit down with them and make sure that they are clear and I am clear as to what is in the record and what isn’t in the record and we’ll put it out. I have no problem with that.

MR. RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY: But everything, Tim…

MR. RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY: Yes, I will.

So John, where are you at with this?

Thanks a bunch,

Steve

You can send John an email with your concern here.

In my favorite movie, Dirty Harry, there is a scene where Harry is getting a hot dog and these dudes are robbing a bank. So Harry asks the guy behind the counter if there is exhaust coming from the tailpipe of the white Ford across the street. The guy says yes and Harry asked the guy to call the police and say there is a bank robbery in progress. Harry goes out and blows some dudes away, the white Ford accelerates toward Harry, a fire hydrant is ran over and the white car flies in the air. Harry is out, with the Magnum blazin' all blowing people away. He finally corners one guy, who is in arm's reach for a gun and gives the famous "I know what your thinking, Did he fire 5 shots or 6? Seeing this here is a 44 Magnum the most powerful hand gun that can blow your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself one question... Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

Personally, when I read John Kerry's statements on "Meet The Press" I feel like the guy on the ground in the movie cornered by Dirty Harry. Because the guy totally gives into Harry, a smart move, for sure. But then the guy ask's Harry a question with this statement: "Hey man, I got's to know"

Senator Kerry: Hey man, I got's to know.

Anyone else got's to know???

No comments: