Friday, August 05, 2005

Back from Vacation


Vacationing in Tahoe Posted by Picasa

Like you even cared that I was gone. I would have told ya all before I left but I was afraid some nutjob would have fire bombed my house without me in it!

I had fun. One stroke from beating 100. Shot my only 8 of the day on Wednesday on the 18th hole where I only needed a 7. Oh well, at least I get to try again. I did hit one birdie and I was no more than 3 over which was suprisingly good for me.

I got on Yahoo! this morning and noticed this.

I gotta hand it to the Brits, they don't take shit. I particularly love this part of it.
LONDON - Foreigners who preach hatred, sponsor violence or belong to extremist groups could be deported from Britain under strict new measures that Prime Minister
Tony Blair announced Friday, nearly a month after suicide bombers killed 52 people on London's transit system.

Membership in extremist Islamic groups such as Hizb-ut-Tahrir would become a crime under the new measures. The group, which advocates the creation of an Islamic state in Central Asia, already is outlawed in several countries.


And this my friends is the sole purpose of our Patriot Act. Only I wish it was as brutally honest and straight forward as what came out of Tony Blair in Britain today. Come here from another country and preach hatred and death to all Britains, you'll get one-way tickets back to your homeland. Period. Unfortunately, the US is a bit soft in this aspect with it's toleration of groups like the ACLU who advocate for our homeland terrorists and some of the left who cry foul thinking the Patriot Act is after them too, even though they our 5th generation Nebraskans who pay their taxes from an honest living, are members of the PTA and are honest law abiding citizens.

Going out to look for a British flag for my golf bag... It'd look great next to the American one.

No comments: