Friday, December 31, 2004

Mozilla Firefox 1.0: Why the internet sucked until now

Sorry Billy, you lose. You can take your browser back please. IE 6.0 is terrible. Pictures stopped loading on my Internet Explorer about a month ago. Why? Because of some 16 digit error that Microsoft Update doesn't have a fix for yet. Hey the pictures loaded before just fine. Now all I get is a red X. I tried updating firmware on my router, heck I even bought a new router. I tried updating my wireless devices. I disconnected everything, even tried on a different computer on dial up, instead of DSL and still, no pictures. So IE 6.0... Be gone you POS!!!

Mozilla Firefox is great. First off it is free! 4.7meg download, easy to install and use. You don't have to be a rocket scientist or a billionaire with Asperger's Syndrome to use it. The pictures load with ease and no problems. It zips you around the net like nothing else. 15% of the last 100 people to see this blog are using it. It has been as high as 30%. 12 million downloads and counting.

RIP IE 6.0. I dare not delete you, though. What else would go wrong with my Microsoft products if I did?

PREDICTION FOR 2005: Google and Mozilla become one company. Google buys out major Satellite TV company (Directv or Dish Network) By year's end, 50% of the internet browser market is Mozilla Firefox, ripping majority share of the market Microsoft. (Because it's free) Bill Gates, however, still remains the richest man in the world accoring Forbes and his latest dividend adds another billion to the pile in his backyard up in Redmond.
Click this link to see what I think. I wonder if Bill will visit?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firefox is great. I don't know how I ever got along without tabs. The plethora of extensions (add-ons) you can put on are wonderful as well. Mouse gestures are a must and I love being able to right click on a word and google it or look it up in dictionary.

That said I don't think MS is going to take this lying down. IE is only such crap because they had no competition and no real reason to make more than minimal improvements or to really innovate at all. Now that there is real competition, they'll almost surely (I imagine they've already begun) reinvest in IE and roll out some major improvements in 2005. The winner here of course is all of the users.

-Lucas

Steve said...

I hope we're all the winners... It would be nice for better web access.