Friday, June 17, 2005

Terri Schiavo: The Liberals have won?

I wasn't going to do it. I was done with it, period. But then I started browsing blogs and I got into some comment trade back in forth on this site, and one of my favorite blogs Michael the ArchAngel got a topic going and well, the liberal villains will soon be after me. (Here's the return link I owe you, lawryde)

What good is it for a liberal minded person to call out the conservative blogger and say, "I told ya so. See her brain was DONE!! She would have spent 30 more years drooling on herself".
Sure the autopsy came back and the woman's brain was no longer complete. But we all knew that. Sure she'd be on a feeding tube that many deemed as "life support" for the rest of her life. But we all knew that. Her husband wanted her to die so he could go on living with his family. But we all knew that. Michael brought up a good point on his comment on his blog. Aren't people with let's say, retardation or Downs Syndrome or ALS like Stephen Hawking on some form of "Life Support"? In the old days, people with disabilities were finished. Life was over. We have come along way in this country. We study and we develop health for everyone to sustain life. Whether you like it or not, most people want to live through what they have. What we don't still know are what Terri wanted. There is a big difference between what her husband says, what her family wanted and what we all saw. Sure there are cases like this everyday in a America. But if it comes down to America making an opinion, you gotta choice life unless you know for sure. (And don't give me some anti-war bull in my comment section, it doesn't fly with this argument).

What the liberal agenda lacks in a lot of cases is morals. Divorce for example. The right to choose is another. Gay marriage. Adultery. The ACLU. The list goes on. I don't accuse any particular liberal of lacking morals. I am not naming names. I'd even go on to say that one of my best friends is a liberal AND probably the most moral person I know. A lot of what liberals say against issues like Social Security, War or even our current economic state in this country are biased on their hatred and quote "unfair" election of our leader. You are not winning by choosing Howard Dean, Michael Moore or Randy Rhodes as your role models.

Some out there are acting like they won something by Terri Schiavo's autopsy coming back and telling us what we already knew, she died of dehydration, her brain was damaged and she was disabled. It did nothing to shed light on her quality of life. Don't even begin to list her ailments like blindness. It'll only be a reflection of your blindness on society.

Ok, I am finished....

No comments: