Friday, October 26, 2007

The Goat Is Eating Dynamite: Disneyland Photos with excerpts


If you have ever ridden the Thunder Mountain Railroad then you know what the title of this post is about. I took this photo after getting off the ride at Disneyland yesterday. Me and my little 7.1 megapixel camera snuck up on this butterfly and just caught four photos of shear beauty. This is the best one of the four. I uploaded it large so if you click on the photo you can see it in a real large size.



As anyone knows that has been with a one year old, this sign holds true. This was behind the Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland. Elijah had fun on this one. He had fun on a lot of the rides. Not one freak out where we quickly had to dash off the line. I think he really likes the Bug's Life rides at California Adventure. Kind of a funny park, California Adventure with a bunch of Californians visiting it. It's not like we can get around the state too easily.




Many mythes surrounding this spike that I have not confirmed. One is this golden spike under Sleeping Beauty's castle is the center of Disneyland before the addition of Toon Town. The other is that when Thunder Mountain Railroad was built this was the first spike for the track. Almost no one sees this spike. When I stopped to snap a picture people asked me what it was. I just said, "A golden spike".



Elijah rides the carousel with Goofy...



This is the Tower of Terror. What's amazing is the faintness of the smoke still lingering down here. When we got here earlier in the week the smoke and ash were still all over. I was standing maybe 200 yards from the tower so I decided to snap the picture of the smoke.

No comments: