Tuesday, January 04, 2005

My 1000th New Vistitor is.....

The Inktomi Corporation? Who the hell are they?

The author of this complete waste of internet space received his 1000th unique visitor this morning, as notated at the StatCounter feature at the bottom of this blog. It only took 7 weeks and three cookie blockers from me to obtain that number. Wow! So I get ready to mention where the mystery person entered from and what region or country they come from (that's all I can see) and well, the Inktomi Corporation. Who are they?

Well, Inktomi is owned by our pals at Yahoo!. What they do is run a program called a "spider" that goes around the web looking for key words to trigger links to Yahoo! searches. This little spider is walking around the web look for bits and pieces of info for the search end so your site can be found.

For Example: If you type "steve sactown blog" I am the number one hit on Yahoo!
"testing the nerves of everyone" Wow! I am number one again. Cool stuff, eh?

Still I cannot find myself on Google. I placed the ads from Google, Blogger is run by Google and I cannot find myself. Hmmm... If you run a blog use StatCounter, it rocks!


No comments: