Monday, February 21, 2005

Bio-degradable Fido...?


Makes no sense whatsoever

Spent the weekend in beautiful Lake Tahoe. What a gorgeous place. Mountains full of snow. We took some walks around through the snow. We saw where they held the cross country events in the Squaw Valley Olympics. What great fun. I took some good pictures that I will probably post here.

But then on the way back from a walk I discovered this waste. So ironic I had to take a photo, post it here and tell you all about it. Tahoe is dog friendly. We saw people walking dogs everywhere. Which also means people are cleaning up after their dogs when they walk them. Obviously it is not fun happening upon a fresh steamer from a canine friend while on a pleasant stroll so Kudo's out to everyone who picks up after their dog.

Kudo's to everyone except for the person who accomplished the feat in the picture shown above. I am glad to see they had the sense to "bag the fruits of man's best friend" but then to toss them down in the snow like this? I'd rather they'd just left it where it lied when it came from the dog so we could step in it and bitch about it. Heck, it was so cold it would have froze anyway. But to wrap it in plastic and disgard it? If it was a can or a plastic bottle you could have picked it up and recycled it. If they'd just left it, it would have recycled itself. Instead they bag it in plastic and toss it down. There were garbage cans everywhere.

I chose not to pick up though. Am I worse for it or should I clean someone else's mess?

Posted by Hello

No comments: