Saturday, February 26, 2005

My Favorite Bands

*
Mike Ness of Social Distortion


My favorite bands in no particular order.

U2 (Best Band Ever!)
Social Distortion (Best Live Band ever)
Jackpot (local sactown band, see link here... GOOD STUFF!!!)
1980's REM (Honorable Mention: Automatic for the People was stellar)
Dave Matthews Band (Good live as well)
Cracker (Some good clean country rock. Also see Camper Van Beethoven)
Middle Period Beatles (Starting with Rubber Soul and ending with Revolver)
Nirvana (Pre Shotgun Blast)
Coldplay (Best music to hear while driving through desert with Thunderstorms)
Jimi Hendrix Experience (Jimi, Noel and Mitch... best stuff ever)
Talking Heads (Read my bio on the upper right side of the blog)
Bob Dylan (Saw him live twice, "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright is the best song ever!)
Velvet Underground (My brother asked me years ago, who the hell is Lou Reed. Buy this!)

That should do it. See Republicans can be cool. What are some of your favorites? Tell me a story oh valued readers!

No comments: