Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Liberal Bizarro World: Bring It On....

*

Welcome to Bizarro World!!!

Remember the Superfriends? They used to be on bright and early on Saturday mornings on ABC. I grew up on them. My favorite episodes involved the evil Bizarro Superman who lived on that Cubed- Planet Earth like place. Superman would have to go there and give him the blue Kryptonite to weaken him and save the square backwards people of Bizarro World. Bizarro Columbus must have sailed off the edge there...

Anyhow, the folks over on Bring It On are liberals. I have stated many times on my blog that liberals in general are moral, compassionate people. I just don't agree with their thoughts. There is no crime in that. Lately though I have been over there, getting in trouble and immediately the arguments go a bit sour and distasteful toward me. Alas, I can handle it, it's all in good fun really if you think about it. I mean we all have the same goals right? We just want our country to be the best. Unfortunately, stuff like what I am about to post happens. Its rare and unfortunate but I thought my readers would like to see it. The following is an argument that just started with one of the top contributor's wife. I also have the link to the entire post here, so you can read it and judge it on your own. It's purely about experiences during 9/11 that she and I are refering to. In fact, read the whole thing, it's quite interesting. Here is my last response in the comment section. It's quite interesting. It starts where the wife rips me. I have responded and she responds and well you can tell it goes back and forth. You'll kind of get what I was saying as you read along but after three responses, you'd think she'd get a clue. Those of you that can't stand foul language, warning. Here goes:

Ms. Bastard:

Your first reply to me is as follows:

Steve:
would you prefer 'fuckwit'? Shut it about 9/11
becuse 3000 people died & my husband was almost
one of them. Don't be so smug about events that you don't comprehend. Here is hoping NONE of us NEVER have to live through such an event again!

Posted by: mrs bastard | July 5, 2005 02:26 PM

First why call me a "fuckwit"?
Second, you said "shut it about 9/11..." Implying that I don't know anything, without reading anything I wrote previously to this post or writing factual support of your statement to me about shutting up.
Third, "Don't be Smug to events you don't comprehend" Listen to your husband, that's smug. And who are you to say I don't comprehend anything? That's childish slander at its best.

Then your next post:

I am not 'calling' you names, merely suggesting alternatives to the current moniker. I think I addressed you as 'Steve', no?
Moving along, Steve, I don't think I am 'better' or 'more knowledgeable' I simply have more practical, real life experience in this one arena.
It does not cloud my poltical judgement, if anything it draws into sharp focus the fact that the polticians in this country are sleep-walking through their elected duties and endangering all of us! Except themsevles of course, as they have secret locations and bomb proof bunkers.

Posted by: mrs bastard | July 5, 2005 03:55 PM

First you start off and you say, " I am not calling you names..." What the hell is a "fuckwit" in the previous post, a compliment?

Then you say, " I simply have more practical, real life experience in this one arena." What the hell does that mean other than, "my experience is better than yours".

Then again you post:

Well, that was uncalled for. What isn't practical about it my experience? I was nothing but polite and calm and respectful in my comments and I don't appreciate you belittling me. Also, you didn't respond, you attacked. I feel having lived through 9/11 first hand gives me different
perspective on this one thing. Where do you live?
Appx of course(no malice). I thought I clarified that on this one issue I had more 'real' experience. I shared my experience, how about you sharing yours? Where were you on that day of days?
Believe me I would much rather have been living anywhere else that day and trade in my experience.
How do you make the leap that I 'assume that you don't know shit'? Where did you get that? I am certain you know a great deal of things on many issues otherwise you wouldn't be on this blog. Perhaps that is a wrong assumption? Don't put words in my mouth.
How are they not sleep-walking? Airport security is a joke, the colour-coded alert level thingy laughable. How are they fulfilling their duties?
The Patriot Act? Be careful what library books you check out.
Do you want a dialogue or not? Do you want to discuss these matters like an adult or just shout down the computer? It is up to you.

Posted by: mrs bastard | July 5, 2005 06:52 PM

You indicate that you were "respectful and calm" Where were you polite, respectful and calm in calling me a "fuckwit" or calling me "smug" or saying "you don't comprehend". Where do you live, Bizarro World??? Do you even read what you are saying? Hello-o-o?

Posted by: steve | July 5, 2005 08:10 PM

Quite funny... Quite funny... Quite funny...


No comments: