Sunday, July 24, 2005

Mac Mini and that dreaded I-Tunes

We bought a Mac Mini this weekend. Scratch that, I bought it and she was forced kicking and screaming to accept it. (She accepted it with the grace as she always does) I was in the market for a new home computer. The one we have is fine, were not gamers or into massive amounts of CPU power to due the things we need to do. We both have a couple of laptops as well. So I stopped at the Apple Store at the local mall to have a peak at an I-Pod and came out with a power house of multi media that you can hold in the palm of your hand.

I bought the decked out one with the blue tooth wireless, air card, super drive, 80 gig hard drive and 1 gig of DDR RAM. Sheer amazement when I opened the box, plug it into the TV and the thing just worked instaneously. I just put my name in and that was it. Crazy stuff. Now I just got to learn this OS and quirks not found on a Windows based computer.

I-Tunes comes free so I tried it out and well, we're onto the 3 CD. I just bought the Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson VH1 Storytellers album. The scary thing about it? No teenaged degenerate with multiple piercings on their face standing there to run my bank card.

I bought this thing just for the multimedia aspects not found so easily on PC, like the photo programs, audio and video, DVD and CD creators and what not. Plugging it into the TV is ok if you have HD. I have had to do a lot of font adjustments so I don't fry my eyes. Widescreen is cool and so is having the internet access right at your entertainment system.

No comments: