Sunday, July 10, 2005

Who knows, I could just be dying...

I don't profess to know anything more than the doctors I am "forced" to see at Kaiser. My very first post on this blog dealt with my life and going to the doctor and how I don't always seem to get a straight answer when I go.

I suffer from migraines. Probably a family trait that's been inherited from previous generations. I didn't always have them though. I had a few of those dull, sight-impairing headaches where you can't make out peoples faces or the words on a piece of paper when I was younger but nothing for a long time. Even through college where I worked 2-3 jobs AND was a full time student. I never got a day off for those 4 years unless it was summer.

Headaches first came after a concussion I experienced in April of 2002. Hard to believe it was 3 years ago. I hit my head pretty hard at work. I proceded to go down, but not out. I was dizzy for hours and stuff didn't make sense. I went to the emergency room and was told I was fine. Meanwhile, I had headaches and dizziness until that fall. Suddenly they all stopped. It was great. Then comes the spring 2004 and this crazy pain in my ear. They thought it was an earache but the pain got worse. I saw the ENT Doctor and basically said there was nothing he could do. Then the headaches came. Day after day, AM or PM, days I drank coffee and soda and days where I only drank water. It didn't matter if I skipped a meal or ate like a pig, these things kept coming. I have dealt with them for the last year and a 4 months and have had nothing change. I take some sleep aids and those seem to help. They aren't classic sleeping pills but something different and much, much safer. I'll never let the pain stop me, I just keep going and working and doing the things I like.

2 months back my left wrist started hurting. I don't know if it was my golf swing, my guitar or all the driving I do but man, what a pain. It's a constant cold pain in my wrist. Does it stop me? No... I keep going and just deal with it. It keeps going and so do the headaches. I went to the doctor on Friday and well, it just so happens it all may be connected. At least, that's the implication the physical therapist gives me. I get to go back on Friday. We'll see what happens.
It's one of many things: I am a wimp, There is something wrong, or????

Read my first post here. One of my best stories on here.

Thanks.

No comments: