Friday, July 18, 2008

The Alchemist: Free On iTunes

It is rare that I read anything not on the internet. Actually I take that back... I read the USA Today when I am on the road and I subscribe to the Economist. I get the Economist weekly and I read it cover to cover because it's kind of a non-American point of view of the world. I like to know what other people think.

I read listened to the book, The Alchemist, last night. I saw it last week and it was free on iTunes so I said, "Why not?" I heard so much about the book and it's popularity around the world I thought I would give it a listen. It's two hours by plane to Colorado and back and I figure I'd listen to the whole thing.

The book sold 65 Million copies world wide and has been translated to 56 languages. I think it was given away in Norway before iTunes started giving it away for free for download.

I am not a plot giver, but I highly recommend the book. I listened to the whole thing last night in 4 and a half hours. It is quite a compelling story and it really lets you think.

No comments: