Monday, November 03, 2008

4 Years Ago This Saturday

I started my blog 4 years ago next Saturday. Can you believe that? Four years? Wow!

Now I am ready for a redesign... Gonna spend some time working on my template, purging dead links and adding new ones. I am going to make a Stumble page of shit I pick up on Stumble and bookmark so you can share in my sense of humor.

I am going to 86 the banner.

It is time for an overhaul. Especially since I have overhauled everything else in my life.

Something I read on the back of a Starbucks cup today while sitting with Elijah, eating breakfast in my new neighborhood coffee place, 9 miles away from my new home:

You can shower a child with presents or money, but what do they really mean, compared to the most valuable gift of all-your time? Vacations and special events are nice but so often the best moments are the spontaneous ones. Being there. Every moment you spend with your child could be the one that really matters.


---The late Tim Russert from Meet the Press.

Something about that, my new life and having Elijah sitting in front of me made me feel special.

The Lowes called and said they couldn't deliver my washer and dryer because it wasn't in stock. I called bullshit and called my bro... the store manager. Ah... the power of who you know.

No comments: