Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Talk About Stressing Out

Sunday night I call my twisted bureaucracy healthcare provider and request a prescription of pain meds. Basically it was a refill but I wanted to expedite the thing so I could get it yesterday. So I called and pushed numbers until I got a real life human being that new what the hell they were doing.

"Hello, my name is Steve and my address and phone number are the same as they have been for the last 3 years and well, I have a prescription I need refilled ASAP so I was wondering if you can handle this quickly so I can get it tomorrow? (Monday)"

Friendly Phone Voice: "Sure Steve, I can handle that."

I give her the number and she says, "OK great, check with us on Monday at noon and we'll get that ready for you."

Great... I was happy because I wouldn't be hurting so bad. So I call yesterday afternoon to check, and all I get is "Prescription is being processed by pharmacy".

So I wait until this morning and call again, "Prescription is being processed by pharmacy". I punch a few more numbers and get a live human being.

Disgruntled Phone Voice: "Ugggghhhh.... So why are you calling?"

Me: "Basically the pharmacy has been saying they are processing the prescription and they have been for the last few hours. It has been over 24 hours since...."

Disgruntled Phone Voice: "BAHHH.... It should take 24 to 48 hours to..."

Me (interrupting): "Yeah, mmmkay, right... But it has been 24 hours and the lady yesterday said I should have it on Monday and well, today is Tuesday almost noon so it is actually pushing on 48 hours, and I am just wondering if it will be..."

Disgruntled Phone Voice: " Well, whoever you called was wrong. We are not the pharmacy. It takes 48 hours to process... she should not have told you what she did..."

Me (interrupting again): "Excuse me, who crawled up your ass and died? All I have is what the lady told me on Monday and your pharmacy phone message recording. Are you calling me a liar?"



I redial the phone and get someone else. and just re-present the facts..

Pleasant Phone Voice: "Hold on, let me get you a live person at the pharmacy. Which pharmacy would you prefer to go to?"

Me, totally suprised: "What you mean I can go to any pharmacy I choose? Not just the inconvenient one 10 miles south of town that takes an hour round trip with traffic, but the one a mile from my house?"

Pleasant Phone Voice: "You have a choice and I can leave that by 5pm anywhere you want to go."

Me : "Awesome!!! You totally rock..." /cartman voice

No comments: