Friday, December 28, 2007

The Killers...



I am still trying to strategically buy all the right iTunes off my gift cards. I'll probably shelve the rest until I find something I really want. But I bought The Killers' latest today called, "Sawdust". It's a compilation of b-sides. I bought it mainly because I like the band. I think they are pretty cool and entertaining... But before today I didn't know they were a really great band.

Above is a cover they made of an old Dire Straits song called, "Romeo and Juliet". Some real cool playing here. The line that gets me is:

Now you just say, "Oh, Romeo, yeah, you know
I used to have a scene with him"
Smart freaking writing... Wow!! You get the whole song from the author right there. I hate to say it but this is one of those covers that is better than the original.

No comments: